Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Mom's Story

This is not one of my 'mom moments', but it's so funny I thought that I would share.
*********************
I recall a time when my son was about 18 months old. I had him strapped into a backpack and was rushing to catch the bus. Apparently I mis-stepped because I fell down an entire flight of stairs (13 to be exact). I was bruised and bleeding and had torn my jeans. but my main concern was, naturally, for my child. My fears were alleviated, though, when from behind me I heard a gleeful giggle followed by, "Again!"

6 comments:

jeanie said...

Ouch - and very funny!!

rhubarbwhine said...

Oh, good story!
Just catching up on your blog - you have been a busy little girl! Hope you got your coffee after your earliest morning - and - stick to your guns regarding your decisions, you know it's the right thing to do. I am so proud of you!

Pencil Writer said...

Ouch, ouch and ouch, (times 13)! And giggle. Kids have such a different perspective, don't they?

Redlefty said...

Whew!

Mikey said...

Lol, ain't kids fun???

Mary Paddock said...

Ahh yes! Boys! :)

When he was about one and a half, My oldest decided to give himself a bath early one morning while I was sleeping. I woke up to an overflowing tub and a soaked toddler who was as happy as he could be.

On the other hand I cried and put a lock on the outside of the bathroom door.