Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Coffee, Please

I woke up this morning and stretched in the darkness. I felt fairly rested, always a plus. I heard the downstairs clock chime, once, twice. How lovely! 2 AM. I still had sleeping time. I figured that since it was Saturday, I had at least four or five more hours of sleeping time. It felt quite luxurious to roll back over and get my pillows just right. Before I could drift back to sleep, I had figured out that it was not Saturday, after all. My eyes popped open as I registered that bit of information. My alarm clock glowed with the time: 4:06. Twenty four minutes until it was time to get up. Ack.
****************
Now there's a way to start a day...
Not recommended.

1 comment:

jeanie said...

ouch at it not being Saturday - and double ouch your hours of rest evaporating to 20 minutes...