Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Begin Again

The oldest called from Florida. They are thinking about moving here. They've moved from his mother's house in Michigan to his father's house in Florida, now it looks as if they're headed to Pennsylvania. She's been in and out of our house so many times. It has always resulted in chaos and huge dramas, temper tantrums. This time there is a boyfriend in tow who thinks that he's brilliant. Brilliant, but unable to hold a job. Brianna got quite angry when I told her that this concerned me, because 'he can hold a job. He held one for nearly a year.'
*****************
If they come, we explained that it is not an open invitation. They are welcome to stay, for a month. After that, they are on their own. Brianna was beginning to seethe when by the time we hung up. I keep repeating to myself, "I will not be her (now their) enabler."
******************
I am just so everlastingly tired of being the villain.
Sick and tired.
I don't think it will ever end.
If anyone has a bi-polar story with a happy ending,
it would be a big encouragement if you could share.

2 comments:

Scotty said...

I can live with being a villain; it's just one of the many hats I wear as a parent but like you, I refuse to be an enabler.

jeanie said...

((((((Debby))))))