Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Weird

Tim was getting dressed when he 'froze'. All of a sudden, he was grabbing his pants in unseemly haste and running out the bedroom door. I had been waking up slowly. Suddenly not being awake was no longer an issue. Tim heard a man's voice and a woman's voice. Right in the vicinity our front door, talking low. Tim was down the stairs in a flash, and out the front door. I was right behind him in my bathrobe with the dog. By that point, the neighbor's dog was going crazy in their yard. Nothing appears to been taken or disturbed, but it is a little unnerving. We live out in the 'boonies' and you do not expect strangers turning up in your front yard before 5 AM.
******************
We've got forty-eleven guns in the house. Tim is a hunter, and the boys are hunters and when our neighbor passed, he wanted Tim to have his gun collection, and then there are the swaps, and lord knows, I cannot keep up with all of this. I stopped counting them long ago. Now Tim wants a pistol. I think he may be using this shocking event as leverage to get something that he's always wanted anyway.
Really.
He should be ashamed of himself.
I'd never do such a thing.
But one of Mikey's rescued pups might not be a bad idea. She has three that look the image of our Buck, but younger and sprier...

11 comments:

PaintedPromise said...

the more you say about your Tim, the more i think he and my Randy would get along very, very well!!

jeanie said...

How scary! Having the strangers at the door at 5am, having to hurtle out of bed at 5 to confront them AND having eleventy hundred guns in the house!

Mary Paddock said...

You absolutely need another dog. Lots of dogs barking always scares away the bad guys.

I would know. I have five dogs and have never seen a single bad guy. Not once.

Can I help you rationalize anything else? A cat maybe? :)

Debby said...

Tis the American way, Jeanie. We have a special place. Tim built it into the design of the house. They are under lock and key. Some of them are old, and valuable, I suppose. The ammo is also kept under lock and key. I imagine I could probably find the key, but I've no clue where it is. The issue of gun control is one that Tim and I do not agree on. He's entitled to his opinion.

Mary. Can you help me rationalize chocolate?

Susan: Do you mean this as a good thing or a bad thing...just curious. :^D

Strider said...

Hey Debbie, thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate it very much....and....you gotta love a guy who has a bunch of guns! He needs a pistol...I'm sure of it. Take care.

Debby said...

Strider - spoken like an man. *sigh*

BB - Forty eleven guns are forty ten too many. I understand that. It does seem odd. Probably forty six of those forty eleven guns never see the light of day though. It's like collecting anything. He doesn't USE them. I'm not a collector. Well. I have rocks. I guess I collect rocks. I don't get the 'collector' mindset.

Photoshop. Bwa=hahahahahahaha! No, my friend. I've seen PW's photoshop posts. It looks like one of those complicated things that would be nice to know how to do, but I don't have hours of unclaimed time to learn to do it.

Redlefty said...

Scary stuff! Hope you've been sleeping okay since then.

Debby said...

Oh, yeah, I sleep soundly. We live in the woods, and things like this are very much the exception to the rule. I have a fiercely loyal dog. He would lay down his life for me. Oh. And Tim loves me too...
:^D

LL said...

Did you ever see those people? Did they take off? Was there a vehicle?

LL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debby said...

No, never saw the people. We are guessing they headed off through the neighbor's yard...their dog was going ballistic by the time we got out the door. They've not been back so far as we know. We're a hard house to monitor. We've got people coming and going all the time. No one has a set schedule. We also have an embarrassing number of vehicles.