Thursday, July 17, 2008

Amazing Hannah

When I wrote the post about Rita, it was because I am inspired by the people in Rita's life, and by Rita herself. Everyone has struggles in their lives, but Rita has more than her share, and still she manages to smile, and to hug, and to love. There's a lesson there, and it didn't pass by me unnoticed. Well, Jo read that post and was moved, and she sent me a link to a montage she created for her daughter, Hannah. I watched it this morning before I went to work. It was so wonderful that I asked her permission to pass it along for you, as well. This video made my morning. I'm not a poker player, but I believe that life deals every person a hand, and it is up to each one of us to play those cards the very best way that we know how. Jo and her husband are doing just that, and in such a way that not only blesses their Hannah, but it blesses and enriches them, and it appears to reach out to bless and enrich the lives of people who come in contact with them. I'm glad to know that I share the planet with the likes of this family.
*******************
Thank you, Jo.
Hannah is amazing.
And if you've not heard it already...
so are her parents.

6 comments:

steviewren said...

I watched the montage and cried and cried. Seeing so much love was overwhelming. And sweet. And inspiring.

Mary Paddock said...

Aww shoot. And I hadn't cried over anything yet this week. It's a deeply moving video. Hannah is a beautiful child and her mother's love for her radiates throughout.

Thank you very much for sharing this Deb.

Bush Babe (of Granite Glen) said...

Lovely... love is the greatest medicine of all and Hannah has that in bucketloads. Have had a bit to do with DS (having a heartkid, many of whom also have DS) and think they are the sweetest kids walking this earth.

Nice tribute
BB

Anonymous said...

OOOO, that made me cry! What a beautiful little girl!! Her parents are truly blessed. She is just wonderful. Thanks for posting that.
Mikey

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

She is such a little cutie, and she is living the life of Riley....what an amazing family, making every day a celebration...

How true....no one should be measured by their IQ. A person is so much more beyond that...

Jo said...

Many thanks for sharing Hannah's montage Debby, and thank you for all the wonderful comments that have been left.

Its truly amazing to have met the people we never would have met if Hannah hadn't have been in our lives and we feel more enriched by knowing such people

thank you

For anyone that wants to forward or pass the montage on, you have my permission to do so. I want to share that having a child with a disability can bless you life in so many different ways and I hope that others will be able to share the joy that I have with my daughter Hannah