Monday, June 16, 2008

Cards

I love cards. I can spend a lot of time in the card aisle reading cards until I find the perfect one. I remember going to the store when the kids were home. We had a list of cards we had to buy for birthdays. We also had to buy a sympathy card. So we were reading the birthday cards and laughing, picking just the perfect card for each person, all of us laughing and having a good time. Cara was just a little pippersqueak, maybe 7 or 8. We finally had our birthday cards selected, and went to work on the sympathy card. We read cards for a while, and finally Cara said in a disgusted voice, "Well, this is going to take forever!" I looked down at her with a questioning look, and she said, "I've read every single one of these and not one of them is funny at all." Brianna, Dylan and I laughed until we cried. Cara got mad. Ten years later, she still gets ornery when you laugh at her. And being the riotous, horrible family that we are, we made up funny sympathy cards on the ride home.
**********************
Anyways, Cara got a stack of cards for her graduation. There were profound ones, and funny ones, silly ones, cute ones, reminiscing ones, looking forward ones, encouraging ones, congratulatory ones. But one stood out above all others. It is no secret that Cara is a big fan of Icanhascheezburger.com. So Tommy got her this card:

Just about fell off the couch. It was perfect.

5 comments:

Alison said...

LOL!
What a perfect graduation card!!
The picture is fabulous, too. hehehehe

jeanie said...

ha ha ha - that is quite cute.

I must say, I can take very small doses of cheeseburger before I have a mini-meltdown wanting to fix all their grammar and spelling.

Alison said...

(P.S - Tag!! You're it for a six question meme, if you'd like to play :)

debby said...

Oh, Jeanie, thank you, thank you! I don't get it. Cara explains 'but it makes it funnier', and I said, something to the effect of 'bad grammar doesn't make things funnier'. Dear heavens. I sounded like an English teacher. I get 4 or 5 of them in a daily e-mail. That's about a big a bite of cheezburger as I can take. Alison--will check out the tag. Please tell me it's not about make up...or I'll have to use the label 'darn oz people'...and I WILL too. Ask BB.

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Oh that is funny! Yup, sometimes left out of the graduation hulabaloo is the fact of: slap, welcome to the real world...of alarm clocks, early morning commutes, and the 9 to 5 grind...