Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blog for Peace

Today is 'Blog for Peace'.
I'm a big fan of peace.
In my heart, in my home, in my life.
It sure would be nice to see peace in the world.
My friend is an unabashed 'hawk'.
He drinks his coffee from a mug which reads,
'Peace through superior fire power'.
He believes this.
I do not.
Iran is processing uranium.
We toppled an evil dictator,
but now his country seems to be attacking us.
God's name has been perverted to the point that people kill in His holy name.
Children live, children die, in horrible circumstances.
I am a real fan of peace.
I just don't see it happening.
*********************
What can YOU do?
As foolish as it sounds,
I think Americans need to learn how to conserve.
If the demand for oil fell sharply,
I think it would change the world situation.
You can tell me I'm foolish and naive.
I've heard it before.

3 comments:

Redlefty said...

You're not foolish or naive. There are several potential paths for things getting better in Iraq in Afghanistan, but I personally don't think that killing lots of people is one of the paths that will work.

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

Remember John Lennon's sung words; "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world can live as one".

Pencil Writer said...

My post for peace is long. Wish I were more well versed in being concise. One day . . . maybe.