Sunday, May 18, 2008

We are family...

Let's play a game. It's called 'Where's Stacey?'
It's a lot like 'Where's Waldo' except in this case,
everyone's wearing the same clothing!
Makes it harder.
She's there.
I found her, even before Tim did.
And then I cried. Because I'm a sap like that.

This is Stacey.

We were the only ones calling her that.

Tim is playing a different game now.

He likes it.

He's also darn good at it.

The man can shoot.


Stacey took me out for Mother's Day.

Mexican Food.

MMMMMmmm.

I love Mexican food.

Then the old folks headed north.

The soldier headed south.

Even though we headed in different directions,

we're sharing the journey.

Life's funny like that.

5 comments:

Bush Babe (of Granite Glen) said...

Awwww... lovely moments in these last two posts. You sound like a proud Momma (see how easily I slip into "American"? I'm bilingual like that!).

It's great to be able to put faces to names. They are lovely women, your girls.

BB

PS I love Mexican too - particularly chicken fajitas.

Hal Johnson said...

This kind of hit me with a wallop, because it makes me realize that I might know that Dylan will grow up and move away some day, but I don't really believe it.

I love Mexican food too. Reading Bush Babe's comment, I'm reminded of a visit to a Mexican restaurant in Coffs Harbour, when I went to Australia in '91. It turned out that the owner was from my home town in southern California. Small world indeed.

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

I enlarged the photo and *tried* to find Stacy...but I nearly went cross-eyed in the attempt...and in the end, sorry, I just couldn't find her. BUt I know that you, as her mom, could pick her out of the crowd, of course.

You should be very proud of your beautiful daughter; she has done you, and your country, proud.

Did someone say Mexican food? And I missed it?! How did that happen!?

debby said...

Lavinia, I couldn't find her in the picture either, but I picked her out of the crowd. I know approximately where she is, but still couldn't find her in the picture.

Hal: Don't try to envision Dylan leaving now at what, 8? It will just break your heart. It evolves. It unfolds. When it's time, you'll take a deep breath and you'll let go, just as parents have done for all time.

BB: I've often thought, 'Geesh, she speaks English well for an Australian....'

Isn't being a mom just the best?

debby said...

Sorry Hal...I should have used the gender non-specific 'parent' instead of 'mom'.