Friday, May 16, 2008

Marriage is funny

At his 25th wedding anniversary party, a man took a look at his wife and jokingly said, "Honey, 25 years ago we had a cheap rented house and a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed, and watched a 19-inch black-and-white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25-year-old blonde. Now we have an $800,000 home, a $45,000 car, a nice bed, and a plasma screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 50-year-old woman. It seems to me that you are not holding up your side of things."
*******************
His wife, being a very reasonable woman with a sense of humor that could hold its own, told him to go out and find a hot 25-year-old blonde and she would make sure that he would once again be living in a cheap rented house, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa bed, and watching a 19-inch black-and-white TV...if he was lucky.
********************
I like couples who can laugh.
One of my dearest friends has a license plate that reads:
'My next husband will be normal'.
Her husband bought it for her.
They've been married nearly 25 years.
I can't wait for that party.
*********************

3 comments:

PaintedPromise said...

if you get invited, i wanna come!

wait, i'm too far away. well, you better blog it then!!!!!

debby said...

Oh, pooh. Come east, woman. These are fine and funny people with big hearts and love that slops over and touches everything. Some of the very best people I know.

Lavinia Ladyslipper said...

I've heard that joke before, its so funny.

I'd like a license plate that reads: My next LIFE will be normal!