Monday, April 28, 2008

Storm

We had our first thunderstorm of the season on Saturday. The thunder rumbled and the lightning crackled in a most satisfying way. I remember being a very small child, laying in the dark, and crying silently in fear during a storm.
Now a night time thunderstorm is one of my favorite things.
Along with stones,
garbanzo beans,
waking up slowly,
avocados,
potted plants,
flowers,
fountains (inside and outside),
big loyal dogs,
friendly purring cats,
fresh baked bread,
Christmas,
eternity,
blue jeans,
and books.
Let's see Julie Andrews make a song out of that mix.
*******************
The best thunderstorm moment I ever had was in the desert. I was driving a car in Arizona, and there was a blinding flash of lightning that was so near that the crack of thunder was simultaneous.
The whole thing scared the wits out me.
The hair on my arms stood up.
I was surrounded by electricity.
It was awesome.

2 comments:

Bush Babe (of Granite Glen) said...

I love, love, love this post!!!!
You have poetry in your soul, my friend! And I adore storms (always have) ESPECIALLY when they scare the pants off me! I have always ridden the high that natural adrenaline can give you, like a surfer rides a wave. Who needs drugs?? Give me a thunderstorm anyday....
BB
PS Do you mean Calvin Klein's Eternity or just eternity??

debby said...

Not a big perfume fan, CK or otherwise. When I do wear it, it is Chantilly. My son got me a big bottle when he was in highschool. I'm still working on it. I usually smell like cinnamon and sandlewood. Right this minute I'm smelling like mango. It was on clearance.....