Sunday, April 20, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

I don't weigh myself much. I have a scale. What I have discovered is that my weight varies back and forth, and when I'm watching the numbers, it makes me a bit nuts. So I watch my weight by judging how my jeans fit. When my jeans get snug, it is time to do something. Winter is not my best time, weight wise. You've got the holidays, and that is coupled by my intense disinterest in anything outdoorsy in the winter. I'm not fond of being cold. So my jeans have been snug these last couple months. Thank goodness spring has come.
***************************
The other day I discovered my Lee jeans were not snug. They were tight. Especially around the hips. You know how sometimes jeans will sort of ease up after you've worn them a hour? Well, these jeans did not. My jeans do not lie. So I passed on snacks that day. It was never far from my mind that I was getting too big for my britches. I fretted. How do these things happen? After a lifetime of not having to worry about my weight, here I was. Worrying about my weight. Gloom. Despair. Agony on me. Deep, dark depression, excessive misery.
*************************
That night when I took them off, I looked at the pants. Much to my shock I discovered the uncomfortable pants were Tim's.
*************************
I think I heard angels singing the 'Hallelujah Chorus'.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Oh VERY happy day! he he he.
You wrote that so well. Thanks for the giggle.

Bush Babe (of Granite Glen) said...

He he he... too funny!! A bit like ssb offering me his saddle - which is now too big for him as he;s lost so much weight since he's been working so hard!
:-)
BB

debby said...

And how long did it take SSB to realize his faux pas?