Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Foolery

Today was a fun day at work. I shot my boss a quick e-mail to tell her that co-worker Josh got a DUI, that it was in the paper. Since this would affect his ability to drive the shop truck, it would also affect his job. This is a big deal. It's also an April Fool joke. Next thing I know she's shooting past my desk to snatch up the newspaper.
April Fool on her.
****************
We all went out for lunch and had a great time. We told the waitress that Wes was paying for all 7 of the women with him. "We're his harem," I said. Liz, his wife, said "He's a Mormon." "Old-order," I helpfully explain. "And next time we're bringing all the chilluns." Wes blushed. For a long time. He looked so abashed,
I gave him my poppyseed muffin.
****************
We laughed ourselves silly during lunch. Eating salad, talking about just any old thing, laughing and having a fine time.
****************
Heather and Laura tried to fool us on the way out the door. They moved the truck to the different side of the restaurant. We caught on. A few more hijinks in the parking lot. I climbed into the bed of the truck. Heather drove back to the office hitting every bump and taking corners sharp, just to make sure that I had a rough ride.
****************
It was a warm spring-like day today. The snow is nearly gone. I feel as carefree as any child laughing with friends, romping outside,
acting the fool.
****************
Dear God, everybody needs days like today,
regardless of how old they are.

2 comments:

Alison said...

tehehe.. That sounds like so much fun. Nothing like some harmless but utterly laughable pranks to get the spirits soaring.

Mary Paddock said...

Sounds like a great day Deb. You're right. Everybody needs days like those.