Friday, March 28, 2008

I've been Tagged

The idea started on bookbabies site at
*****************
The idea is to create a glimpse of your life in six words.
*****************
This took me a couple of days.
Choosing to emerge from the wilderness.

*****************

TA DA!

*****************

And because I cannot stop at 6 words, ever, I will explain. I was raised in a harsh family. Clearly defined roles. Limited options. Violence. Anger. I left. Discovered a whole new world. But that new world was disrupted by a cataclysmic life change, a paradigm shift. Upon bringing my children back to the woods, I found that I no longer fit into my family. I had to choose whether to revert back to that which I was before I left, or to plan a new life of quiet isolation: raise my children, and grow old alone in a little house with nice gardens and cats. Tim came along with yet another vision for my life. This picture was taken just over 10 years ago, when I was wrestling with these choices.

*****************

And 10 years later, I can say that I chose wisely. It was time to emerge from the wilderness.

****************

I'm going to tag Mike at Ifs of Og,

Mary at Jumping off Cliffs,

Mikey at The Horseshoeing Housewife,

Susan at the Painted Promise Ranch,

and Scotty the Frog Prince.


8 comments:

Pencil Writer said...

Thank you, Debby. May the Lord ever bless you and your family. Praises to Tim for stepping in when you needed him. The Lord is so good to us to bless us with the right people entering our lives when we most need them/are ready to accept them.

After reading about your oldest daughter, Brianna, I've been pondering the pain and struggle both she and you (and other family members) must go through. A scripture came to mind. Hope you don't mind me sharing it. It's found in 1 Corinthians 10:13. I think that we can easily (and accurately) substitute the word "trials" for "temptations" and see a fuller understanding of that scripture.

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

I have found great comfort in those words and one of my all time favorite scriptures: Proverbs 3:5-6. I'll keep you and Brianna in my prayers.

Scotty said...

A six-word memoir, eh?

Hmmmm, I'll see what I can come up with, Debby...

"-)

jeanie said...

Hey there Debby - I am glad you found your wilderness to nurture you, and you found the support to emerge from the wilderness!

PaintedPromise said...

OMG only 6 words??? can i have a couple of days too?

debby said...

Sure Susan, take a couple of years,if you want. Jeanie, everyone has their own wilderness to traverse. The sad ones are those who wander around lost and in the darkness forever. Scotty, you worry me! Never view your life as complete until you draw your last breath. Mary: Brianna grieves me more than words can say. I often think that I simply cannot endure it, that it is too much. But the situation goes on. I have to endure. God doesn't allow us to opt out. Sometimes, I argue with Him about that.

Ps said...

Hi Debby,
Hopped over from Scotty.Was moved by what you wrote here.It must have taken SO MUCH courage and I am so glad you are finding the strength.
Ps

bookbabie said...

Thanks so much for playing the meme Debby, I enjoyed reading your blog and getting to know you and your family:)

Bush Babe (of Granite Glen) said...

You are one amazing cookie, Ms Debby! Great choice of words to cover your Everest and Grand Canyon of experiences... you should definitely write a book (perhaps that's what you are already doing?).
Hugs to you and Brianna
BB