Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's a Small World

I took the wheelbarrow out to the woodpile. Right after I shoveled a path to the woodpile. Will winter ever end? As I pushed the wheelbarrow along, I noticed the tiniest trail right next to the walk way and it was headed to the woodpile as well. That tiny trail went into the woodshed, and to a stack of four summer tread tires that are waiting for summer just like me. There is a mouse who enters under that bottom tire and has a snug little round home for himself. (Herself? Theirselves?!) But mice are not nearly as scary as Gerard the sand goanna at Bushbabe's place (http://bushbabe.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-new-pet-or-not.html) so I don't mind so much. I like the fact that my mouse's world fits into my world so neatly.
If his world moves into my house however, I will mind it very much.

2 comments:

Bush Babe (of Granite Glen) said...

Oh Debby... you must get over this anti-goanna thing. I am trying hard to!!! Gerard has been re-discovered recently... a post to follow shortly.

Hint: you may never swim in a pool again!

Love
BB

PS Just be pleased it isn't a RAT. Then I WOULD be horrified!!!!

debby said...

Yes, but BB, am I the only one to notice that Gerard looks like a rat without a fur coat. I mean, really...visualize with me here.

Forewarned is forearmed. I will approach your website with great care.

You do understand that this is all a great joke? I look at the pictures and go, "Ick". However if I had a home where the goanna roam, I'd be reduced to a panic stricken twit the first time that I actually saw one in my front yard. So translated: I look at pictures of Gerard, and am ever so grateful that I live where he doesn't.