Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Whole 'Nuther Day

You know, the other day, we had a wonderful morning. Sleet. Snow. I was trapped in the house with nothing but a good book, a great cup of coffee, and since school was closed, I had a chance for quality time with my 18 year old. I didn't have to work. I described that day as luxurious.
*********
Last night I fell asleep to the sound of sleet on the windows. This morning, school is canceled. Again. My husband can't get his car out of the driveway. I've got an important meeting and HAVE to get myself to work. Even on foot.
*********
Saddest part? Since getting home was such a heartstopping adventure last night, I forgot all about stopping to get milk on my way past the store. No cappucino for me.
*********
(whimper)

2 comments:

jeanie said...

Okay - sleet (and no coffee) trumps rain and sporadic flooding!

W(h)ine away.

debby said...

Oh, Jeanie, we had the flooding LAST week.

I've never needed permission to
w(h)ine, but thanks anyway!

:^D