Friday, February 1, 2008

Life

In the midst of this terrible weather, freezing rain, my niece Kellie forced her husband Dave to take her to the hospital, a good hour's drive in good weather. Heaven knows how long it took in THIS weather. From the last call I received, there's a new baby coming into this world in the next hour.
*******
I remember babysitting Kellie. Now I can babysit FOR Kellie.
*******
The years tick by. Every stage of life has its own gifts, its own blessings. Children are born, and we rejoice. Children grow up before our very eyes, and every day we watch them stepping out into lives of their own. If you've done a good job, chances are, you'll really like the grownups these kids become. Next thing you know, they're having children, and we're all rejoicing again.
*******
That unchanging, neverending circle of life.
*******
I love life.
*******

1 comment:

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.