Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I've Been Tagged

The topic was "Your five pet peeves".



I had to think about this, but I think that I've compiled my list.



Number one: I can't stand mean people. Mean people in positions of authority are the very worst. They rank right up there with people who would shoot a dog in the face (read Mikey's post), or terrorists, or nutwads with guns. Can't stand mean people. Makes me want to kick some asses. Really.
**********
Number two: I can't stand judgemental people. I hate being around a church person passing judgement on a brother or a sister. I figure that's God's job, not mine. God made it clear. 'Thou shalt not judge.' So I try hard not to, although I am real inclined to pass judgement on the judgemental person, letting them know that they're in danger of going to hell, going STRAIGHT to hell (do not pass go, do not collect $200.00).
**********
Number three: I cannot stand people who cheat on their spouses. You made a promise. If the marriage is not working, you need to step up and try to fix it. If you can't fix it, then you end it. You don't sneak around with other people. Ever. I can't stand people who act as if falling in love was something that happened, rendering them powerless to resist the snares of an affair. Bullshit. Excuse me, but I'll say it again. BULLSHIT! You made a conscious decision to do the wrong thing. I believe that people need to behave honorably, and there is no honor in lying and leading a dual life. Stupidest thing I ever heard in my life was from a serial cheater. "I may have done the wrong thing, but I did it for the right reasons." Um. Unless being unable to keep your pants zipped has become a right reason, I am simply not getting it. I know this makes me sound like one of those judgemental people I so despise, but there it is.
**********
Number four:Ladybugs really peeve me. Susan (http://www.paintedpromiseranch.blogspot.com/) believes they are precious. That's because she is not up to her armpits in ladybugs. We usually deal with them each spring. They cover the sun warmed house, and you can't use the front door. But we've had some strange warm-ups in the middle of our winter, and we've got ladybugs everywhere. I vacuum daily and suck them up by the dozens. I keep thinking that I'll be reaching the end of them soon. No such luck. Ladybugs! GAAAAAAHH!
**********
Finally, number five, SINUS. Honest to pete, the only reason that mine exist is to fill up with snot and make my life miserable.
**********


1 comment:

jeanie said...

Gee thanks, Debby.

I quite agree with you on 4 of the 5 points - and if ladybugs were that bad around here, I would go with you on that one too.