Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'll figure out what I'm doing, but probably not today.

Just a note of explanation.


I never thought that I was a nosy person. It started out with one blog (www.pioneerwoman.com). Seemed harmless enough. I like to laugh. She was funny stuff. It was good. Then there was the www.BrummieBlogs.com . Fastfingers was wicked funny too. It was even better. Then there was Mikey (thehorseshoeinghousewife.blogspot.com). Next thing you know, I've got a full blown habit, and I'm fascinated by these women. Their blogs gave me glimpses into lives that seem wonderfully exotic and exciting compared to life in the Backwoods, Pennsylvania.

Don't get me wrong. I love my life. I have a wonderful church family, a great husband, five kids who are constantly amusing me, when they're not scaring the bejeebers right out of me. My dog is great. My job is great. The people that I work with great. Really, I have nothing to complain about.

But I don't live on a ranch, or in England, or shoe horses for a living.

These women live exciting lives.

The interesting thing is that in talking to them, I realized that they were curious about me. And Mikey is a nag. Plain and simple. Nagged me unmercifully to get a blog. I really couldn't take her anymore. She's making me nuts.

So here's the blog. I've no clue what I'm doing yet. I'll learn. I'm not as dumb as my kids would like me to believe, so I'll figure it out. In the meantime, I've enclosed some of my humor columns from the paper. Read them while I figure out what I'm doing.

1 comment:

PaintedPromise said...

oh yeah, i hear you. Mikey got me doing a blog too!

so Mikey, you are an even BIGGER NAG than i thought!