Thursday, January 10, 2008

Goody two shoes.

You know, I'm a pretty laid back person, but today, I yelled at a man in Wendy's. I mean, I yelled.
**************
I was waiting for my daughter. We were meeting for a mandarin chicken salad. There was a man, a woman, and two teenage boys eating. I was absentmindedly staring out a window, looking for Cara's car. Two girls were walking down the sidewalk in front of the store. The man begins to loudly accuse his two boys of checking out the 'bump cushions' walking in front of the restaurant. This got my attention. One of the boys denied it. The father then begins to taunt the boy, insinuating that he might be gay, getting more and more graphic and more and more vulgar. Much laughing and hooting. This was not a quiet conversation, not by any stretch of the imagination, and showed no signs at all of letting up.
****************
I gave him a look, and said, "For God's sake, shut up!" He immediately copped a 'tude. "I was not talking to you, so shut the hell up." I gave him a look, and said, "Listen, bubba, I don't give a rat's butt WHO you're talking to. This is a family restaurant and a public place, and I'm not going to listen to you." He looked a little uncertain, because by that point, everyone in the restaurant was looking at him. He tried to stare me down, but by that point, I was good and mad, and I won. He looked away.
****************
Don't get me wrong. He continued to run his mouth for the rest of the time he was there, but the vulgarity stopped. From what I gathered, he was not all that fond of goody two shoes.
***************
One of my two shoes was not all that good. It wanted, in the worst kind of way, to connect with his damn neanderthal ass.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

What an ass!! Good for you!!!
Isn't it disgusting what people are like nowadays? No flippin class!
I wouldn't have held it against you if you'd planted your foot in him. Even goody two shoes folks get fed up.

PaintedPromise said...

hey if you run out of goody two shoes you can use some of mine! i will sure help kick his butt! good for you for saying something to him, what a jerk! you go girl!!!!!